What causes sore throat,penis ulcer and swollen lymph nodes after having sex?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
These are the symptoms i had post sex. Rash, sore throat, Penis Ulcer, lasted for aproximately 2 Weeks. Right After Came Flu Like Illness. Stuffy Nose, swollen Lymph all over, night sweats for 2 months, White Tongue with Lessions On Side. White Line on inner Cheek. discloration Of Toenails. Then gastro Intestinal Problems Confusion And Continued Malaise since First Set Of Symptoms, Stiff Neck, Shortness of Breathe ear Ache blurry symptoms reocurring throat issues. The girl I had Sex With Recently Got Over Flu And She was Complaining About Stiff Neck. And Throat Issues. I had a 6 week 12 week 17 week hiv1/o/2 icma antibody test poat exposure negative. And then a 21 week hiv ag/ab negative. But mt symptoms persist if not hiv what other virus could cause this or should i continue to test for hiv. All doctors say i am fine despite symptoms.
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Free from HIV 1&2.Symptoms not related to HIV

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

Repeated negative HIV tests, that too all latest 3 and 4th generation tests after 12 weeks definitely ruled out the possibility of HIV 1 and 2 beyond any doubt. There is no possibility of it becomes positive here afterwards. All your symptoms are not related to HIV. They can occur to anybody. There is wonder that your girl friend also had sore throat infection as an air-born one.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: What causes sore throat,penis ulcer and swollen lymph nodes after having sex? 42 hours later
Would the symptoms like blurry vision, hand numbess, stiff neck swollen lymph behind ear and under chin on left side still persist. I also suffer weight lost about 10 pounds and light diareha when i had all the other symptoms. If doctors cant find the cause behind all these symptoms that occur a few weeks after unprotected sex. Should i continue to test for hiv. I have read stories where it took 8 months to develop antibodies. Do they have cases like this. Or am i free and clear of hiv.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
All your symptoms unlikely to be due to HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome once again.

The tests done by you are latest and highly reliable. Negative test after 17 weeks definitely ruled out HIV. The information you got as HIV took 8 months to develop antibodies is not well authenticated. So nothing to worry. Your symptoms are not related to HIV. Get a help of an expert internal physician, He/she will help you and cure you. Wish you a speedy recovery.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: What causes sore throat,penis ulcer and swollen lymph nodes after having sex? 7 hours later
I continue to hear and read anxiety can cause some of these symptoms. Should i look into it. Or can you point me in the right direction as to what viruses can cause these symptoms

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Anxiety can cause such symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

HIV disease manifest as an acute infection after 4-6 weeks of the infection and the individual would have a 'flu' like syndrome with head ache, body pain, fever and sore throat in 50-80% of the infected. Then after one to two weeks these symptoms would be subsided and the individual remain symptom free for another 7-10 years or more.
Some individuals confuse ordinary viral fever as HIV early manifestation and some would imagine so due to fear and anxiety. When the test after 17 weeks was negative, then there is no question of HIV for you.
Dr Murugan