What causes arm pain, body weakness, hot flashes and intermittent night sweats?

Dr. Shehzad Topiwala

Endocrinologist

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Cancer
Question: pain in both arm pits also feeling weakness in body as a whole Had augmentations put in 7 years ago. Have had a thyroidectomy due to thyroid cancer. Have been feeling rushes of adrenaline and wekness in my body . I get warm and have been having night sweats on and off.
Answered by Dr. Shehzad Topiwala 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tests

Detailed Answer:
Sorry to learn about your bothersome symptoms.
I strongly encourage you to cal 911 and get taken to the Emergency room.

When I see someone like you in my practice, I typically order the following blood tests in addition to a detailed physical examination:

CBC (Complete Blood Count, also known as Hemogram; includes Hemoglobin, WBC and Platelet counts)
Electrolytes (Sodium and Potassium in particular)
HbA1c (Glycosylated Hemoglobin = your last 3 months' glucose average). Also known by other names such as GlycoHemoglobin or Glycated Hemoglobin or A1c
Liver function tests (SGOT , SGPT, Albumin, Bilirubin, Alkaline Phosphatase)
Kidney function tests (BUN, Creatinine)
TSH (checks your thyroid)
Free T4 (this too checks your thyroid) Calcitonin
24 hour Urinary 5 HIAA (Hydroxy Indole Acetic Acid)
Plasma Free Metanephrines
25 hydroxy Vitamin D levels (ideal range 40 to 60 ng/ml = 100 to 150 nmol/liter)

None of these tests require any fasting and can be done at any time of the day Correct diagnosis and treatment requires the opportunity to examine the patient so you must see an endocrinologist in-person.