Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What causes small itchy bumps around the clitoris?

Mar 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1390 Questions
Hello, my question is I notice a couple of small bumps around m the side of my clitoris, , that do itch. Whst could this be?
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Madhuri N Bagde 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Seems that this is a fungal infection Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for using Health care magic. I have seen the photograph. It seems that you are having an infection that could be fungal. Also It is not very clear in the photograph if there are lumps in the labia too? For the infection I suggest that you clean the area two or three times a day with warm water containing a few drops of savlon or similar antiseptic and dry it immediately. Use of nitrofurantoin powder at noon and a cream containing clotrimazole every morning and night helps in faster recovery. Change your undergarments at least twice daily and wash them in hot water. Keep the area as dry as possible. You can also try to keep the area open [not wear undergarments] during night time as this also helps in early recovery. If you are sexually active, try to use condoms as they help prevent spread of infection. All the above measures help in controlling the infection. If the problem persists even after all these measures, you must see a physician and get yourself examined and tested for specific infections like gonorrhoea, chlamydia etc and then further treatment will depend upon the results. I think that you should be fine with the above treatment and recover well. Hope I was able to help you. Thanks for using Health Care Magic. I would be happy to answer any further queries. Have a nice day. Dr. Madhuri Bagde Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor