Can STDs be transmitted from receiving fellatio?

Posted on Fri, 10 Nov 2017 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I had a brief encounter where a woman put her mouth on my penis. I stopped her after a couple minutes to put on a condom. what are the chances that I caught something?

also. the day after the encounter I received a 2580mg zpak for an unrelated issue that I took in a 5 day cycle. if i were to have caught something would this have gotten rid of it?
Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi sir.You have less chances to get STD.

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir.Welcome to Healthcaremagic.I have gone through your query.My opinion is that,HIV is transmitted mainly via blood transfusion,sharing needles etc.,HIV
transmission is very least via the oral route.So you have some chances(1%) for STD.Kindly do western blot testing to confirm whether you have STD or not.
zpak has nothing to do in your case.It is an antibiotic.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Muthu Krishnan 21 minutes later
what about issues like gonnorhea and chlamydia?
Answered by Dr. Muthu Krishnan 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.There is some chance.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.chlamydia and gonorrhoea can be transmitted by unprotected oral sex.You can consult your doctor.Your doctor will say you to undergo some tests for STI.Both of these conditions,chlamydia and gonorrhoea can be treated by antibiotics.
Thank you.
You can close your converstion and rate the answer if you dont have any other queries.
Dr. Muthu Krishnan