Suggest treatment for cold and sore throat

Posted on Tue, 3 Oct 2017 in HIV and AIDS
Question: Hello, I am a 21 year male student in Australia. I went to a brothel in Sydney in 5 weeks ago. And I received a oral sex without condom from a female sex worker ,a vagina sex with a condom. After 5 days, I went to see a GP and I was diagnosed to have gonorrhoea. I was so scared and I did an HIV test after 2 weeks after exposure. The test result is negative. There were not obvious cut in my penis when I am receiving the oral sex. I saw much research, someone said receiving oral sex is an extremely low risk of getting HIV. And someone said there is no risk for HIV in receiving an oral sex. Also, now is the 25 days after the expose. I have a slight cold and slight sore throat. I check my body temperature many time a day. Most of the temperature is 36.8-37. Sometimes I get 37.1 or 37.2 in evening. I also did a 4th generation HIV test after 4 weeks post-exposure , and it is negative. My doctor told me it is 99.99% that I won't not catch the HIv.
Q1: What is the risk adout receiving an oral sex from a female?
Q2: How accuracy about the 4th generation HIV test for 4 weeks?
Q3: Base on all evidence, what is my of catching HIV?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
There is little to no risk to get HIV from oral sex.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

Based on your history, having protected sexual intecourse and unprotected oral sex you should know that there is little to no risk to get HIV.

The 4 th generation HIV test 4 weeks after exposure is very accurate.

Based on all evidences your chance to get HIV from oral sex is little to no risk.
The little risk exist only if there are woundsor sores in the penis and oral mucosa.

I hope my answer helsp you.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Monika Dede 4 minutes later
Thanks for your help. So, am i risk free of catching hiv?
Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing back.

Yes, if you didn't have sores in your penis I think that you are risk free to catch HIV in this situation.

I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.
Dr. Monika Dede

Infectious Diseases Specialist