What causes sleeplessness and frequent urination after having Cheston cold?

Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: i took 1 cheston cold after 12 hrs i fell sleepy and go to urine too much
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
CHESTON COLD and its effect

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX
You took "cheston cold" , ingredients are ceterizine hydrochloride 5 mg , phenylpropanol25 mg , paracetamol 500 mg .
Main complaints are SLEEPY & too much urine.
Cetirizine is the main culprit , as its side effects are:
Epigastric pain, hyperpyrexia, DROWSINESS, CONFUSION, SEDATION, dry mouth, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, ANXIETY .
Sleepy and frequent urination is due to the side effects of cetirizine .
You will get relief within 12-24 hours without any medication.
Hope I have answered your question.
Further any question I WILL REPLY IN FOLLOW UP.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 11 minutes later
which medicine i take to get relief of dry mouth and also when i pass urine i get pain
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dry mouth

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXX
Since dry mouth and pain during urination are side effects of cetirizine , so usually don't require medicine . Chew 1-2 tablet of VITAMIN C ( limcee or sukcee ) , plenty of water and fruit juice ( without ice ) will help in both dry mouth and pain in during urination. As I mention in earlier reply these effects subside within next 2-3 days , usually don't require any medicine.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D