What causes skin rashes in babies?
I have a son of 8 months old. On his skin small pimples (or rashes) is appearing, only on the exposed portion (that is on backside of neck and just above chest and below neck).
I don't see that rashes/pimples any where else on the body. he is bit cranky also during this time, he needs someone to lift him. Could you please let me know, is that pimples are appearing because of sweating (what we get usually during heavy summer?) or is it because of allergy?
what kind of medication is suggested on this?
probably prickly heat
Thanks for writing to us.
From your description and history it looks like your baby has prickly heat which is very common in summer in kids.
The normal sweat glands overwork and result in a swelling.
This leads to pimples like rash.
Few tips I would suggest to such babies are
1. Don't use any kind of powder.
2. Bathe twice or even thrice daily.
3. Ensure you give plenty of liquids and frequent feeding.
4. Use moist towels to soak his skin frequently.
5. Calamine lotion can be applied to help in soothing rash.
Wishing your child good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes allergic skin rash
- What would be causing patchy dry skin rash
- What causes itching rashes and bumps under the skin
- What can cause skin rash around vagina
- What are the causes and treatment for skin rashes
- What causes to have recurrent itchy skin rashes
- What causes itchy skin rash
- What causes skin rash with abdominal pain
- What causes baby rashes
- What could cause skin rash and freckle on stomach