What causes sharp pain in stomach, constipation and hard stools?

Posted on Tue, 29 Mar 2016 in General Health
Question: I've been having sharp pains in my stomach, having the urge to pee but can't, my stool is hard and pebble like with mucus on it. What's going on?
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Constipation needs management

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Sharp pain in stomach with constipation and hard stools are connected. Constipation is causing all this. You need to take some laxatives, some gastric motility enhancing meds and more importantly you need to modify diet and lifestyle with more fiber and fluids and exercises. Voof bowel habits will help.
For stomach pain take some pepto and tylenol. If stools are not coming go to ER and have them manually evacuated or have an enema for the relief.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
Regards XXXXXXX
Follow up: Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 4 minutes later
Thank you. I just have one more question tho that i forgot to mention in my first question. When i do pee theres a painful pressure before i pee but not when as im peeing. I wasnt sure if thats related to the constipation or if it might be a UTI .
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need evaluation. All three possibilities

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back to me
Bladder and rectum are close and one distended puts pressure on the other. Also prostate exam is advised. No harm in getting evaluated for UTI.
I hope it helps.
Regards XXXXXXX

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan