• question-icon

What causes severe spasms in leg muscle and vaginal area with pain?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016 in Women's Health
Question: IM A 64 YEAR OLD WOMAN WHO HAS TO CATETERIZE MYSELF SEVERAL TIMES A DAY AND RECENTLY I HAVE EXTREME SPASMS IN MY LEG MUSCLE AND VGINAL AREA WITH PAIN LIKE MY MUSCLE IS BEING PULLED AND IS TARING AND TWISTING WITH EXTREME SESITIVITY TO TOUCH MY LEG ON THE RIGHT SIDE
I AM IN EXCRUIATING PAIN
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood tests, ensure hydration.

Detailed Answer:
Hi ,
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar here. I welcome you to HCM VIRTUAL CLINIC. I have gone through your question , and I think I have understood your concern . I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

1 ) First of all do not worry.

2 ) It is sorry to hear about your self catheterisation. Please ensure maximum aseptic precautions while doing it.

3 ) Your muscles cramps and soreness needs keen attention. I will suggest you to get complete blood count and urine routine examination and culture sensitivity test and nd blood electrolyte test.

4 ) For your symptoms we need to rule out any subclinical urinary tract infection and dehydration or salt water imbalance.

5 ) please ensure adequate water intake and use of juicy fruits will be of help.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN