Suggest treatment for headache, upset stomach, vomiting and stomach pain

Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: My head is killing me my stomach is upset I vomited I’m dizzy and when I swallow it feel like it gets stuck right about half way down it’s uncomfortable sometimes it passes down and sometimes it comes back up. And my pain in the abdomen
Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
the ER sounds appropriate

Detailed Answer:

uncontrolled vomiting is a very good reason to visit the ER. Not only for a diagnosis but also for assessment of your condition (particularly for dehydration) and perhaps for treatment.

I couldn't suggest any diagnoses from afar obviously but I can say that in most cases such symptoms are due to gastroenteritis. Other potential causes may include stomach issues (like peptic ulcer), esophageal issues (serious esophagitis or esophageal motility disorders), abdominal disorders (like cholecystitis, pancreatitis, etc) and even heart disorders. Clinical examination and testing may provide useful clues to help the doctor find the diagnosis.

Treatment for vomiting is also required as you may quickly end up with dehydration. Treatment will depend on the cause.

So in conclusion a visit to the ER is recommended.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind Regards!