What causes severe right thigh pain?

Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have severe Right thigh pain. I thought it could be my 'statin' so I discontinued this last week. Did get a bit better but now worse than ever.
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possible dvt

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.
It is hard to determine what it is but it is not likely to be caused by Statines. It may be deep vein thrombosis or arterial insufficiency, so I'd suggest to do Doppler ultrasound to verify exact diagnosis.

It may also be just temporary pain due to muscle or nerve pinch so try to fight pain with nonsteroid painkillers (eg. PARACETAMOL 650 MG three times a day for next 2-3 days) and resting. If swelling occurs/ pain doesn't improve within next 24 hrs then you should do tests I've recommended.

Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee