What causes severe headache while on Bactrim and Tylenol?
this is common
Hi and welcome.
Headache is side effect of BActrim and this should improve,usualyl not causing significant difficutlies. Yes, it should be taken separately from Tylenol,at least 2 hours.If headache progresses or new symptoms occur than bactrim should be switched. However, the exact cause of inflammation should be verified. it may not be bacterial infection at all. You should do CT scan of affected area. Wish you good health. Regards
well tylenol is not an antibiotic so it won't fight possible infection. so if there is suspicious of bacterial infection then antibiotic should be taken . all your symptoms are possible side effect and I would switch antibiotic,not stop it. for example,you could take clindamicin.
bactrim is combination of two antibiotics:sulfamethoxazole and clotrimaxole and these numbers are milligrams of each of it. this is standard dosage,not too high. it will help with I inflammation and pain if there is bacterial inflammation. it should start to work in few days. if not,then you should consider changing it.
In 12 hours
Hi, Welcome back to HCM.
yes,such symptoms should pass.
It(BACTRIM) should be taken every 12 hours , so if you'd taken the first dose at 10am then the next one should be at 10pm.
Wish you a speedy recovery
it is ok
It is ok, but dont take more than 2 tablets of Alleve per day since it may affect your stomach.
. He told me to take alleve for my pain until my appointment and he gave me ratidine 150 mg for my acid reflux. Is alleve a good choice ? I have been taking 2 a day. And the ratidine.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes severe headaches daily
- What is the cause and treatment for severe headaches
- What causes severe headaches and lump in neck
- What is the cause of severe headache and vomiting
- What is the cause of severe headache while having hypothyroidism
- What could be the cause for severe headache
- What causes episodes of severe headache with relief on vomiting
- What causes severe headaches when having a poo
- What causes a severe headache
- Severe headaches in the afternoon what is the cause
- Undergone subtotal coloctomy. Found fluctuating hemoglobin level. On...
- Frequent stomach ache, shaky hands and dizziness. How to overcome this...
- Sore feet with burning and tingling sensation. How to overcome this...
- Diagnosed with internal hernia. What treatment should be done for cure?
- Diagnosed with peptic ulcer and severe stomach inflammation. Looking for...
- Not active sexually. What is the reason for missed period?
- Feeling weakness and tingling in arm. Is this a sign of any serious...
- Started spotting after period. No itching, burning or foul smell. Sign...
- Cryoablation done for prostate cancer. Noticed swollen penis testicles...
- Having pain in shoulder. What is causing this and required treatment?