What causes ringing in ear,weakness, balance and coordination problem?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: having lous ringing in ears, overall weakness and numbness of limbs, NO Balance or coordination and a very stiff neck. Also very tired and can't stay awake. Any idea what this might be? It's miserable and scary.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection perhaps....

Detailed Answer:

Described symptoms are not specific to a single organic medical condition. Since they are diffuse and widely spread, I will first think of infection as the cause here. How long have you been dealing with these? And are you running fever?

The other possibility is cervical spine pathology (spondylosis).

On the basis of these possibilities I would want to conduct few tests - blood count; X-ray PNS and Cervical spine X-ray. I will also check your blood sugar, vitamin B12 and thyroid functions concomitantly with the above mentioned tests. Please discuss with your treating doctor.

Hope this helps.