What causes redness and small bumps in the vaginal area?

Dr. Gaurav Katiyar

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: I have redness and small white bumps in my vaginal area. I have had a blood test for Herpes 2 and it came back negative. But I am still freaking out. I have seen three doctors and they all say it is a bacterial infection. I have tried a cream but it is not working. Is there something else?
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
could be mixed infection

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.
Most common infection in that particular area is bacterial and fungal or may be both (mixed). A picture of lesion will be helpful. As for now based on your history following can be considered.

You have mentioned that anti bacterial ointment is not helping you out. You should use a triple action ointment containing antibacterial like neomycin, antifungal like miconazole and steroid like clobetasol. Actual name of ointment can be confirmed by your treating doctor.

Along with it you have to maintain proper hygiene of the area. Keep the area dry. There is not anything serious about the bumps and they will disappear with treatment.

Hope i have answered your query, kindly provide your valuable feedback and rating.

Wish you good health.
Dr. G. Katiyar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad