What causes red color circle under penis?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Hi Dr, i have a circle under my penis. It does not hurt. It has been there for over 6 months. Its redish in colour. It does not itch even.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 minute later
Hi, this might be a fungal infection.
Attach a photograph of the affected area for a better help.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 minutes later
Attaching a pic
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome To HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
This doesn't seem to be a fungal infection. It can be syphilitic ulcer if painless. Now if you are sexually active following investigations are recommended:
1. HIV
2. VDRL
3. R-Factor.
4. Chest X-Ray
5. ESR
This is definitely something to be worried about.
With initial description i had thought it to be fungal infection but after seeing the photograph I can say that this is not a fungal infection and looks like an ulcer. So an evaluation is must.
See a dermatologist in your area and share my opinion with him/her.
If you have any further query, please ask me.
Dr. Anshul Varshney