• question-icon

What causes rashes on the body, fatigue and nausea after eating?

Posted on Wed, 4 Oct 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had a rash now for 5 days that is only mildly improving with benedryl. It covers my stomach, thighs, back, arms and face. It isn't itchy. I have also been fatigued and just slightly nauseated after eating, but not enough not to want to eat. Looking for input on what might be going on.
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seems to be viral rash, upload pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I have gone through your complaints and according to me it seems to be a viral rash as you are having rash along with fatigue and nausea.
I would recommend you to upload the photographs of the affected areas so that I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 23 minutes later
I uploaded a picture, hopefully you were able to get it successfully. That is an image of my thigh. I have also had a bit of diarrhea. If it is a viral rash, what do you reccomend?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Calamine lotion, antihistaminic, wait for another 4-5 days

Detailed Answer:
It looks like a viral rash which usually takes around 10 days to resolve on its own.
If it is not causing any symptoms apply a soothing lotion like calamine lotion on the affected areas twice daily and take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily at bedtime.
You can wait for another 3-4 days for it to resolve.
If it doesn't improve in 5 days consult a doctor.
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist