Owl Image

What causes pressure in the chest, stomach cramps and backache?

Gastroenterologist
Question
When pressed I feel pressure and slight back pain any idea of why this could it be I have heartburn which I take Pepcid for now and I have stomach pain it feels like cramping on my left side it comes and goes I already had two CAT scans with contrast and they said everything looks fine but is there any other test that I should ask them to run
Sat, 27 Jan 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be acid peptic disorder.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
Heartburn gastritis or acid peptic problem is one of the most common cause of pressure and heaviness in chest area.Due to gastritis there is inflammation in gastric wall.This inflamation causes irritation of nerves passing through it.As myotomes(parts) supplied by nerves usually overlap pain and heaviness can be felt in back also.
As you are just 25 cardiac origin of pain is very unlikely.

Initially i would suggest you to take Nexium 40 mg twice daily(better then pepcid in trials).
Along with it take an antacid 2 tsf three times a day.Antacid like Pepto bismol can be taken for few days along with it.
Any over counter probiotic like vsl#3 should be taken for few days to provide relief in symptoms.

Apart from this, some dietary restrictions are to be followed-

- Avoid alcohol or smoking.
- No aerated beverages.
- Take light non spicy easily digestible food for few days.
- No Fast food like pizza or burger should be taken.
- Drink a cup of cold milk daily.
- Avoid fatty foods.

If not relieved in 5 days, an endoscopy may be planned to rule out any peptic ulcers or H.pylori infection after visiting your Physician.
CT scan does not have any significant role in your case.
Was an endoscopy ever done on you?
There is nothing wtong with reports its just a complete blood count.
Hope i was helpful.
Feel free to follow up.

Follow-up: What causes pressure in the chest, stomach cramps and backache? 38 minutes later
yeah my most recent complete blood count it just said that I had high neutrophils and low lymphocytes and other than that it was so sad something about a high number of other lymphocytes or something like that

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again my dear,
Differencial blood count is nothing but just suggestive of mild infection in body.Our body is a complex machinery and its not necessary that every parameter of body(its has thousands) is always in normal limit.Tests have to be corelated with clinical condition of patients.Your differencial count is just mildly deranged and i dont feel its related to your gut problem.

Again i would suggest you to follow what i adviced earlier.
The site you are pointing by your palms in picture ( i guess is back side; as i can appreciate buttocks) is a common location of radiation of gastric pain.

follow up in 5 days.
Hooe you get well soon.

Follow-up: What causes pressure in the chest, stomach cramps and backache? 15 minutes later
The spot that I'm putting that is actually below my sternum I'm fat LOL

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again my dear patient,
Epigastric pain is the most common site of pain due to gastritis or acid peptic disorder.
I would strongly recommend you to go for endoscopy and take medications suggested by me.
99.9% this pain is related to acid peptic disorder.
Hope i was helpful.
Please feel free to follow up i would be happy to provide you with professional advice.
Thanks!