What causes popping sound in head after lifting heavy weights?
Unlikely to be a serious cause.
Thank you for posting your query.
I have noted your symptoms, and would like to reassure you that it does not sound to be a serious issue.
If there was a blood vessel rupture resulting in subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH), then, the severe headache would have continued. In addition, symptoms such as vomiting, blurred vision, seizures, drowsiness, weakness of arm or leg would also have been noticed.
There is no need to worry. However, if you want to be 100% sure, and be free of any suspicion, then, a brain CT scan may be done.
I hope my reply has helped you.
I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the causes of heavy headed
- What causes heaviness in my head after a head injury
- What causes burning sensation on head after lifting something high
- What causes upper respiratory infection with popping sound in head
- What causes ear popping sounds
- Causes of popping sound in head
- What is the cause for headache and head weight
- What causes a buzzing sound in head
- What causes popping sound in tailbone
- What causes ganglion swelling after weight lifting
- CT scan shows intracerebral bleed, cortical vein thrombosis, patchy...
- Distorted vision. MRI showed demyelination and suspected MS. Prescribed...
- I have been getting random twitching all over body. What should I do?
- Taking Epilim chromo to prevent migraine, now irritable, aggressive,...
- Burning sensation in neck, back and stomach. Had stomach upset, gas,...
- Headache, taken painkillers and homeopathic treatment. No nausea. Worried
- X-ray shows rotoscoliosis, spondyloisthesis, degenerative disc disease....
- What does the EMG results indicate? Could it cause problems with fine...
- Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back...
- Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy