Does neck pain with headaches indicate tumor?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 3 Oct 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Pain in back of neck was brought on ( I think ) by a really intense cycling class while my head and neck was in typical cycling position. Headache after class lasted 2-3 days ( I never get headaches ) but had the dull sensation I have gotten after a day on roller coasters. Day 4- 8 on and off beach and facial pains. Sinus like pressure without any congestion or cold /allergy symptom. Now tingling lips. Slight pain behind should blade radiating down from neck. I'm a personal trainer and fitness instructor for 30 years and I'm 50 year old feamole in excellent health. Panicking that if not a pinched nerve it could be a tumor ? Can not palpate any type of lump but neck muscles vary from VERY tight to less tight and it seems to correlate with the dull headache and facial pain. Thoughts ? What kind of dr should I make appointment with?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be a muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:
The symptoms that you have are more likely to be due to neck muscle spasm and pinched nerve rather than any tumor. This can be confirmed after an MRI scan. Taking oral muscle relaxants and applying a local analgesic gel can help. You can consult an orthopedician for proper investigations and diagnosis.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal