Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes persistent pain in inner back area with prostate cancer?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 6181 Questions
I have had surgical treatment for prostrate cancer with a persistent pain in the inner back area moving to left frontal region so decided to have a heart checkout with an excellent result .This now is causing me a little concern and wonder if the kidneys are yelling for help. As the prostrate was attended to some three years back with also the treatment of chemotherapy for Lymphoma [non Hodgkin's] in the groin area in 1996.
I would like to know what your thoughts are.
Thank you
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXX and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you have reported. I will like to know what was the stage of the prostate cancer at th time of treatment. Was it confined too the prostate and completely excised or had spread beyond the gland and required chemotherapy and radiotherapy?

I will like that you get this pain investigated. It could be the kidneys but seem unlikely. a comprehensive clinical exam including an x-ray of the back and lab investigations for kidney function would shed more light on whether this bone origins from the kidneys, bone or other soft tissues in this area.

With the distant treatment for lymphoma, this would be unlikely to be related to this pain without first reporting symptoms of recurrence.

In all, get it examined and investigated to guide the diagnosis and treatment.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor