What causes persistent pain in inner back area with prostate cancer?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Mon, 18 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I have had surgical treatment for prostrate cancer with a persistent pain in the inner back area moving to left frontal region so decided to have a heart checkout with an excellent result .This now is causing me a little concern and wonder if the kidneys are yelling for help. As the prostrate was attended to some three years back with also the treatment of chemotherapy for Lymphoma [non Hodgkin's] in the groin area in 1996.
I would like to know what your thoughts are.
Thank you
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See below!

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXX and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you have reported. I will like to know what was the stage of the prostate cancer at th time of treatment. Was it confined too the prostate and completely excised or had spread beyond the gland and required chemotherapy and radiotherapy?

I will like that you get this pain investigated. It could be the kidneys but seem unlikely. a comprehensive clinical exam including an x-ray of the back and lab investigations for kidney function would shed more light on whether this bone origins from the kidneys, bone or other soft tissues in this area.

With the distant treatment for lymphoma, this would be unlikely to be related to this pain without first reporting symptoms of recurrence.

In all, get it examined and investigated to guide the diagnosis and treatment.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.