What causes persistent light vaginal bleeding after a tubal ligation?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 in Women's Health
Question: I am 40 years old. I went 11 months with no period. Then two months ago started my period after clearing up a kidney infection. Now I have been bleeding off and on for two months. I had a tubal ligation 15 years ago. I bleed light to heavy.
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs evaluation.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and understand your concerns.
As you are 40yrs.of age,it is your perimenopausal stage in which irregular period may occur.
So it is due to so many causes which causes irregular period.
You should get your hormonal profile and usg to rule out the cause.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.