What causes kidney infections, leg and knee pain with peeling of hands and fingers?

Question
My 31 year old son in law has a mystery illness that resulted in two hospitalizations. It started out with a kidney infection and horrible toe pain (not gout) it moved up his leg into his knees, he can not lift his arm and barely open his mouth. His hands and fingers are peeling, his fever was not controlled despite I.V. antibiotics and analgesics. he has taken massive steroids early on ...he does not have lyme
Tue, 8 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can you upload his hospital reports for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I have reviewed this information. There is no straight forward answer to a complex issue unless much details are available. I will suggest that you provide me with a hospital report of the findings and laboratory tests for review such that i can gain more insights and provide guidance/a second opinion on what options are plausible. Equally, I will appreciate that you upload an image of this toe infection for review as well.

To upload an image/report, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Waiting...