What causes pungent, cloudy and yellow urine in a patient with diabetes?

Endocrinologist
Question
My urine is very pungent and cloudy And very yello all of a sudden. I know that I don’t have a urinary track infection and I know that I don’t have a kidney infection I’m not in pain. I am a diabetic. My blood sugar has been about 111 for the past few weeks. I keep it undercontrol. One day it will be fine and the next day I t’s pretty bad. I do get yeast infection often but are not bad.
Wed, 9 May 2018 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Check urine for infection;

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking!
The symptoms you described are suggestive for urinary infection even though you are convinced for the contrary.
You should know that patients with Diabetes are prone to urinary infections due to high glucose levels in urine.
To rule it out I would suggest to do a simple urine test and an urinary culture to find the proper bacteria and the appropriate antibiotic.
Another cause of a dense urine would be dehydration but you mentioned that you drink plenty of water, so I do not think is your case.
Hope the information will help.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta