What causes persistent hypertension despite taking Benicar HCT?
I would recommend as follows :
Thank you for asking on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms don't seem to be related to any possible stroke.
They seem be related to adverse effects of benicar Hct.
How long have you been taking this medicine?
What are your blood pressure values during these episodes?
I recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical examination, a resting ECG and some blood lab tests :
-complete blood count (for chronic anemia)
-blood fasting glucose
-kidney and liver function tests
- plasma levels of uric acid (possible hyperuricemia)
- muscular enzymes levels (CPK).
You should discuss with your doctor the possibility of switching to another drug.
If your symptoms improve after stopping benicar Hct , this would confirm the relationship between your symptomatology and benicar Hct adverse effects.
Hope to have been helpful!
Feel free to ask me for any other questions whenever you need!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Drinking alchohol and benicar hct
- Does taking benicar hct increase menstrual flow
- Can i take theraflu and benicar hct
- Does benicar hct cause coughing
- When to take benicar hct
- Does benicar hct cause low thyroid
- Can benicar hct cause erectile dysfunction
- Diovan hct vs benicar hct
- Benicar hct no erection
- Can u take biotin pills with benicar hct
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?