What causes painful swallowing and painful stiff points in throat?
In the bottom , it is epiglottis which is inflamed along with both tonsils
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query , seen your pictures , reviewed your medications and understand your concern.
After reading your clinical history & seen pictures it appears that you are most probably having upper respiratory track infection (URTI) with Post Nasal Drip (PND).
In the bottom , it is epiglottis which is inflamed along with both tonsils . No need to worry much .
If I were your treating doctor , I would advice
Antiseptic Mouth Wash thrice daily like Betadin ,
Tab paracetamol thrice daily after meal for inflammation &
Antihistaminic Tab Claritin (Loratadine 10mg) at night .
You may need antibiotic , if no relief with above treatment plan within 2 days from your doctor .
You will get relief .
Hope this information helpful to you .If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sore throat on swallowing semen what is the cause
- What causes sore and painful throat
- What could be the cause for throat pain while swallowing
- What causes throat and ear pain
- What causes pain when swallowing
- What causes pain while swallowing
- Throat pain on sneezing difficulty swallowing causes and treatment
- Bad breath throat pain causing difficulty in swallowing remedy
- Does swallowing semen cause throat pain?
- What causes headache and throat pain