What causes painful and frequent urination post intercourse?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Men's Health
Question: I had a vaginal intercourse with a csw with a condom.I dont wether it burst or not but the next day i started developing symptoms like urine pain and frequent urination.I had tested for hiv Hsv and vdrl in 2010 and now in 2016.when i go to pee...if i pull my foreskin a little bit n then urinate then there almost no pain and stream is also good.but when i dont pull it back there is more pain.In 2016 a doctor put me at doxcyciciline 100 mg twice a day for 7 days and another doctor put me at 800 mg of OFLOXACIN for 1 week.Can chalmydia and gonorrhea still exist given the time 6 years and medication.My urine culture and urine routine semen culture all came normal.Is it Std related.i dont have any bump or rash.never had any pus or discharge except after i took 800 mg ofloxacin for 1 week.That i suppose was due to yeast infection or thrush.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to mild infection og Foreskin (Posthatitis)

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .You had doubtful protected sex with sex worker and developed burning urination while keeping your foreskin covered over glans penis and took antibiotics for couple of days .

In absence of any discharge and negative test results of blood for STD and HIV the burning that you have could be due to infection of the Foreskin (Posthatitis) either due to allergic reaction to chemicals in condom used as lubricant or due to vagnal secretions of a female partner .

You need to confirm the same by swab test of a scrapping from foreskin and urine culture .

Take You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily to be applied to innerside of foreskin .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 41 minutes later
Sir

I had also tested for chlamydia pnemonia which came positive.

Can i rule out chlamydia and gonorrhea.And if not then which test are conclusive for them that are available with leading labs like lal path or ranbaxy
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Swab test will detect Chlamdia and Gonococca infection

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .
Swab test will detect Chlamydia and Gonococcal infection and is done at all laboratories in XXXXXXX .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr,Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng