Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
164 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes painful and frequent urination post intercourse?

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 10115 Questions

Posted on Mon, 12 Sep 2016 in Men's Health
Question: I had a vaginal intercourse with a csw with a condom.I dont wether it burst or not but the next day i started developing symptoms like urine pain and frequent urination.I had tested for hiv Hsv and vdrl in 2010 and now in 2016.when i go to pee...if i pull my foreskin a little bit n then urinate then there almost no pain and stream is also good.but when i dont pull it back there is more pain.In 2016 a doctor put me at doxcyciciline 100 mg twice a day for 7 days and another doctor put me at 800 mg of OFLOXACIN for 1 week.Can chalmydia and gonorrhea still exist given the time 6 years and medication.My urine culture and urine routine semen culture all came normal.Is it Std related.i dont have any bump or rash.never had any pus or discharge except after i took 800 mg ofloxacin for 1 week.That i suppose was due to yeast infection or thrush.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to mild infection og Foreskin (Posthatitis)

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query .You had doubtful protected sex with sex worker and developed burning urination while keeping your foreskin covered over glans penis and took antibiotics for couple of days .

In absence of any discharge and negative test results of blood for STD and HIV the burning that you have could be due to infection of the Foreskin (Posthatitis) either due to allergic reaction to chemicals in condom used as lubricant or due to vagnal secretions of a female partner .

You need to confirm the same by swab test of a scrapping from foreskin and urine culture .

Take You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin twice daily to be applied to innerside of foreskin .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you .
Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 41 minutes later

I had also tested for chlamydia pnemonia which came positive.

Can i rule out chlamydia and gonorrhea.And if not then which test are conclusive for them that are available with leading labs like lal path or ranbaxy
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Swab test will detect Chlamdia and Gonococca infection

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up .
Swab test will detect Chlamydia and Gonococcal infection and is done at all laboratories in XXXXXXX .

Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Cefotaxime

doctor1 MD

How does it help me to prevent or control prostrate cancer ?

doctor1 MD

I am have throat infection , Throat swab detected klebsiella pneumoniae gram negative bacteria. Augmentin was sensitive, I had taken Augmentin 650...

doctor1 MD

I was getting fever very often in past two weeks. fever comes & goes. I had gone to my family physician. fever used to reduce after 2-3 days & I...

doctor1 MD

I'm a 3rd year medical student, and I just read about meningococcal meningitis, the massive textbook I'm using (which is up to date) said primary...

doctor1 MD

I am 28 y.o woman who just lost my son at 17 weeks pregnancy. I was 54 kg (50kg before pregnancy), 160m height when my water broke 2 weeks ago, and...