Suggest treatment for prostate cancer
There is no treatment to prevent cancer of Prostate .
Thanks for query .
There is no treatment that can prevent from one getting cancer of Prostate if it has to occur .
As regards control of existing cancer it entirely depends upon the grade and stage of Prostate cancer .There are various modalities of treatment available ranging from medical treatment ,surgical castration ,chemical castration and radiotherapy etc . Any specific modality to control the progress of disease is decided based on stage and grade of cancer .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Thanks for update
Thanks for update .You have highlighted the facts which you should have posted in your query earlier .
Your Ultrasound Scan report has revealed Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP)which is very common at this age .However the raised PSA has to be considered and demands immediate attention
If I would be your treating Urologist I would follow the following line of treatment .
The raised PSA can be either due to BEP or Cancer of Prostate.Hence I would treat you with antibiotic like Cefotaxime and Tomsulosin twice daily for 2 weeks and repeat PSA after two weeks of treatment .
If the PSA is still above 4 but shows lowering trend I would repeat the course of antibiotics for two more weeks and repeat PSA test
If the PSA is still above 4 then will go for MRI guided multi core prostate biopsy .This will confirm the cancer of prostate and Gleson's score
Step 4 )
If Biopsy is reported to be positive for Ca Prostate I would go for MRI or PET CT Scan to find out the extent of disease whether it is confined to prostate or it has spread out side prostate or metastasized to bones or lymph nodes .This will decide the future modality of treatment .
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hormone treatment for prostate cancer
- Avodart and prostate cancer treatment
- Eligard for prostate cancer treatment
- Prostate cancer injection treatment
- Suggest treatment for prostate cancer
- Casodex prostate cancer treatment
- Prostate cancer treatment options
- Prostate cancer treatment
- Prostate cancer radiotherapy treatment
- Radium treatment for prostate cancer
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?