What causes pain in the umbilical region?
I have tried gym workouts and yoga but can handle it only for a few months continuously after which a kind of a pain sets in the umbilical area. Please help since I don't want to go in for surgery.
Obstruction in hernia causes pain
Thanks for your query.
The pain which starts in the umbilical region can be due to::
*The stretching of the hernial sac or
*Increased pressure within the hernia sac or
*Entrapment of either intra-peritoneal fat or part of intestine due to tight neck of the hernia, which is released also.
* This pain itself is an indication for Surgical repair.
I am very happy to know that you are trying gym work-outs and yoga.
Please continue these as they are helping you to manage losing weight on your abdomen ( as per your history).
Consult a Surgeon the moment you have pain in umbilical area. The clinical examination and ultrasonography at the time of pain can get a perfect diagnosis of the reason of pain. You may then go for surgery.
Please discuss the option of reducing the abdominal fat by surgery at the time of repair of umbilical hernia. This is possible.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Regional pain syndrome causes
- What causes severe pain in the umbilical region with nausea and vomitting
- What causes pain in breast
- What causes pain in buttock
- Causes of pain in umbilical region
- What causes a shit pain
- What causes anul pain
- What causes pains in hands
- What causes pain in epigastric region after meals
- What is the cause of painful mensuration