What causes pain in shoulder blade and elbow?

Rheumatologist
Question
I have pain in left shoulder blade and left elbow. I think it was from holding a phone between chin and shoulder for a long time 5 days ago.I have put ice and taken ibuprofen. I', 67 yr old weigh about 120 5 ft tall. I'm usually very healthy. Only take occasional medication for sinus inflammation/infection. What else could I do for pain? I did go to acupuncture after 2 days. The chiropractor said it was muscle/nerve problem- use ice.
Thank you
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query there can be many reasons for these kind of symptoms , but still first and foremost frozen shoulder needs to be ruled out , in it the movements become painful in every aspect over the shoulder and pain may radiate down to elbows even .

Rest cervical spondylitis may also give rise to these kind of symptoms .An Xray cervical spine will be needed to establish the cause .

You should keep on the treatment you are taking plus physiotherapy is also recommended . Its going to take sometime for this pain to go .

Dr. Shruti