Suggest treatment for chills, neck and shoulder pain in an elderly person

Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 27 Oct 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My wife, age 50, is experiencing chills, and severe shoulder and neck pain. Heart rate at 72. Arm has been hurting for 7 days. Could this be a heart attack?
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that considering the age group and the symptoms which your wife is experiencing the most important thing is to rule out cardiac issue.

It's advisable to consult personally a cardiologist and get an ECG and ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY and stress test done. If every thing comes normal then get a cervical spine xray done to rule out cervical spondylitis.

I hope this information will be helpful.

Kind regards
Dr Bhanu partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana