What causes dizziness in an elderly person when diagnosed with low pressure?
Could be positional vertigo
This is Dr Sameer, cardiologist.
Dizziness or vertigo especially in a particular position can be because of positional vertigo.
We give Tab Betahistine ( Tab Vertin) 8mg thrice daily for such.
I will also recommend you for X Ray Cervical spine (to see for Cervical spondylitis) & vitamin D3 to see for other causes.
Thanks and take care
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes dizziness and constant pressure in the head
- What causes often dizziness and weakness in a person
- What causes dizziness and how to control blood pressure
- What causes pressure feeling and slight dizziness in head
- What causes dizziness when on medication
- What is the cause of dizziness when on lidocaine
- What causes dizziness when on losartan
- Dizzy spells caused by low blood pressure
- What causes nausea diarrhea and dizziness diagnosed with concussion
- What is the cause of dizziness when on hydroxyzine