What causes pain in ear and jaw?

Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: started with pain rt. ear and pain in jaw x 10 days ago. Lt. ear started to feel full some. Went to doctor. Finished Cipro yesterday.Rt. ear, but especially jaw front and below ear still painful. Should I go back or give it a little longer to resolve?
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please meet your doctor again!

Detailed Answer:
hello

It looks like that you may either be having an ear infection with enlarged lymph nodes around the ear , causing pain or you may be having a parotid ( salivary gland ) infection with referred pain to the ear .

Either way , persistence of pain indicates that the infection is persisting and you may either have to change your antibiotic or continue cipro for another few days.

Please try to meet your doctor so that he can examine you and guide you further.

Thanks