What causes opening of Tyson's gland on either side of frenum?
Openings of Tyson's gland on either side of frenum.
Welcome to HCM.
Thanks for posting your query.
There are few vestigial glands secreting a white cheesy material called Smegma. They are called as Tyson's glands. In some people the opening of these glands will be visible on either side frenum of foreskin over glans penis as white bumps. They are nothing to with STD/HIV.
Sometimes they would get infected due to STD organisms or get irritated by some external applications.
Oral sex also might be a cause for the inflammation of these glands. But the picture showed only a very mild inflammation with one spot. Sometimes it may get subsided spontaneously by repeated washing with plain water. Not to apply anything. But the visible white openings of gland will persist. They will not disappear and not a necessity.Nothing serious.
If you have any problem after a week you can consult a Dermatovenereologist.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes prominent montgomery glands?
- What causes swollen mastoind glands
- What causes a block mamary gland
- What causes swollen salivary glands
- What causes swollen glands neck
- What causes adrenal gland thickening
- What causes a swallon prostrate gland
- What are causes of montgomerys glands
- What causes bartholin gland to swell
- What is the cause of infection in parotid gland