What causes jawline lumps?
Thank you for your query.
1. The lumps in your jawline are most probably the result of acne secondary to P.C.O.S.(Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) Larger lumps below the jawline, angle of the jawbone are likely to be enlarged lymph nodes which are normally present there. As long as they don't keep enlarging, itch, bleed or change color, get a prescription from a local physician or skin specialist for a short course of antibiotics and a local ointment.
2. Your hemoglobin is raised due to your smoking. With your family history, you should stop as soon as possible. Get your lipid profile and homocysteine levels checked. Metformin raises homocyteine levels. This along with a high hematocrit increases risks of clot formation. Treatment is with vitamin B12 and Folic acid supplements.
3. Orlistat and Metformin both cause gastro-intestinal disturbances and malabsorption, liver and kidney damage in the long term. Remember to take a supplement containing fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K and beta-carotene). P.C.O.S. causes weight gain, so does Metformin by leading to hypothyroidism which in turn leads to weight gain.
4. Breast lumps can be followed up by sonography (USG) till the age of 40. After 40, mammography is the investigation of choice. Your smear and cone biopsy is fine.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes lumps on the arms
- What causes lumps on penis
- What causes lumps on the lip
- What is the cause of lump on the clitoris
- What causes lump on thigh
- What causes fluid filled lumps on the jawline
- What causes lump in throat
- What causes lumps on head
- What causes lumps in vagina
- What causes lumps in breasts
- Can an energy drink prior to blood test increase RBC levels ?
- Unstable,unable to walk independently and properly,on Vertinal and...
- Flu symptoms,throat and roof of mouth sore,coughed bright red blood,any...
- Tingling sensation along right side face,3-4 times daily,sensation when...
- Pain,stiffness,swelling in knees,X-ray,arthritis developing,knee...
- Amoebriz dosage for adults and children
- Eustachian tube dysfunction, ear virus, sick on planes, scopolamine,...
- Pea sized nodule in tongue, painful, affecting speech, tooth pain, jaw...
- What causes jawline lumps?
- Double bypass, respiratory failure, nose bleeds, selective embolization