What causes itching in penis?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Apr 2016 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I hv an internal itch in my penis since last 4 days .no discharge or other external symptoms
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to inflammation of Urethra.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have itching in urethra since 4 days .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Did you have unprotected sex preceding this symptom?
2) Does your female partner have vaginal infection ?

The itching i penis is mostly due to inflammation of urethra (Urethritis).

Take antibiotics like Doxicycline along with anti i flammatory aget like Diclofenac twice daily .

Ensure to drink more water .

This should get resolved within a week .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 46 minutes later
I had oral sex only : without protection 5 days ago. Someone advice Pyridium 200 mg, cranberry juice and Claritin. So what is finally recommended?

Also whatever meds you finally advice, you are requested to inform about Dosage and duration thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is due to oral sex .

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up.

The itching that you have is due to inflammation of the urethral mucus membrane .

Oral cavity is full of various bacterial flora hence it is very common to get inflammation of urethra due to oral sex ,

The medicines that I have suggested is an antibiotic and has to be taken twice daily for 5 days .

Thanks and Regards,
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 2 days later
Sir , had a urine analysis done . Entire report normal except Pus Cells were in range 5-7 WBC /HPF instead of 0-5 WBC/HPF . Urine culture report will be available on monday . Taking pyridium since last 48 hours 200 mg twice a day .

after i receive urine culture report will abide by your final decision / prescription . can i have your email id so i can email reports thanks
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Youcan upload reports on HCM.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .Presence of 5-7 pus cells suggest infection .

Continue taking Pyrideum and switch on to appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .

You can upload urine culture report on forum of Health Care Magic .I will help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Urine culture report uploaded.please advice
Brief Answer:
Urine culture report is negative for infection .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for uploading urine culture report .

It does not reveal any infection .Your symptoms are due to inflammation of urethra and will get cured with medications which I have suggested in my reply earlier .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr XXXXXXX
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Deepak