What causes increased vaginal discharge during pregnancy?
My wife is 34 weeks and 2 days pregnant as of today. We had all the routine scan and blood tests till date and everything came out normal.
From today morning my wife is experiencing vaginal discharge frequently. We immediately went to our doctor and consulted her. She did investigate the baby's heart rate and found the same being 130 bpm and also informed that it is normal for discharge at this period. We are scheduled for 35th week growth scan this Wednesday.
However, i would like to understand the reason for the sudden vaginal discharge today. What has caused the same?. Is it safe?. Does this a cause of concern?.
Our doctor has said that the discharge may be due to strain. Is that so?.
Doctor, to be XXXXXXX i would like to point out two reasons for the strain:
1. My wife took staircase 5 to 6 times yesterday (our room being in first floor).
2. We had foreplay yesterday (we do not have guts to have climax, since we are worried about the baby). Even the foreplay, its only very minimal.
Just wanted to know, if the above two would have strained her lot?.
Lastly, apologies for being very XXXXXXX since i really worried for the discharge she had today and feeling guilty, if our foreplay would have caused it.
Nothing to worry
Hello Sir, thanks for trusting us.
I'm glad you are XXXXXXX with me so will be able to discuss everything well.
This increased discharge is common in later weeks of pregnancy and might increase even further.
The fore play you guys had can also be the cause if this increased discharge but is not harmful.
Using staircase is not worrisome so don't take that into consideration.
Just relax and get the growth scan on Wednesday as scheduled.
All the best
Dr Manisha Jain
Thank you so much for the advise. That really made us to breathe freely.
My wife went to scan today and we understand that the baby is 3125 gms as of today (34 weeks & 5 days).
During her 29th week, the fetal weight was only 1309 gms.
The radiologist say that the fetal weight is that of 38th week weight.
Please kindly advise.
Glucose levels advised
Ye it is indeed a lot of weight at this gestation so get a repeat scan from some other centre and get a glucose tolerance test with 75 grams of glucose from a good laboratory.
Don't neglect this and then visit your gynecologist.
Both the GTT test and blood sugar levels are normal. Aminotic fluid index is at 14.
Doctor has advised her urine test since her bp is bit high.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Adderall and increased vaginal discharge
- Increased vaginal discharge in pregnancy
- Increased vaginal discharge early pregnancy
- Increase vaginal discharge and pelvic pressure pregnancy
- Foods to increase vaginal discharge
- Increased vaginal discharge and acne
- Increased vaginal discharge in 33rd week of pregnancy
- Causes of increased vaginal discharge
- Menopause and increased vaginal discharge
- Increased vaginal discharge during foreplay