• question-icon

History of miscarriage due to gestational diabetes. Random test count 150. Symptoms of pre diabetes?

Hi Doctor, I am 28 years old. Recently I had a miscarriage and my doctor said, it was due to my gestational diabetes which showed GTT - 293. She asked me to repeat the test after 3 days of my miscarriage. GTT was 240. I went to a diabetes doctor. He asked me to wait for a week and check the sugar levels again. Fasting was 103 and post was 110. My random count after a 15 days was 125. Then again a random test after a 15 days showed 150. Am i suffering from prediabetes. If yes, what are the steps am supposed to take?
Mon, 24 Jun 2013
Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum.
High level of G T T was perhaps due inter venous dextrose due to miscarriage.
Other day your reading were 103 and 110 ( pre and post meal).
This is correct method to diagnose diabetes.
If you have any doubt than get in blood for HBA 1 C and this reading will provide complete information whether you are diabetic or not.
Good luck.
Dr. HET