What causes hyper salivation while suffering from cold?
Associated with cold and flu, no worries
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern . As you mentioned drooling and increased saliva occurs when there is imminent codl or flu . That is normal physiological response to inflammation. Air ways infections, sinuses infections, mere cold and flu, canker sores , dental problems, new dentures, braces, acid reflux problem etc are some of the commonest causes of hypersalivation. Your case its the inflamed nostrils mucosa secondary to cold and flu that causes it.
Nutshell, don't worry, treat your symptoms conservatively with decongestants and advil and wait and see. These symptoms will subside on its own.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes cold sores
- What causes cold sweats
- What causes cold knees
- What causes the sensation of cold feet
- What causes cold and cough
- What causes cold bones while taking cardizem
- What causes cold sensation in ears
- Rib pain while shivering with cold what is the cause
- What is the cause of recurring cold
- What causes cold and stiff leg while sleeping