Suggest treatment for severe dry cough and chest tightness
Sometimes I cough up little jelly like balls (very small). I went for physical at beginning of November and my lungs when dr listened to them were clear.
Need to boost up immune system/ expert opinion for needful treatment.
Thank you for using Healthcaremagic for your health concern.I have read &understood it.
Your family has cold with sinus infection ...few of them still having it with nasal congestion.
You do not have nasal involvement but excessive chest secretions in the morning &dry cough through out the day is your concern.
You dont seem to have any symptoms like fever,breathing trouble.
*In this condition the inference is there being common viral infection in family,those with good immune responce have fighted it back...others are still doing the same with probably secondary bacterial infection /allergic factor .
- In your case just chest infection with yellow or green cough on morning... suggests that your immune system is still active &fighting it back...but something is irritating mucus membrane of raspiratory system. (Could be virus infection..which is most of the time autohealing/bacterial infection... may need antibiotics to support body system/allergy intervening while sleep-like bed dust ,mosquet repellent...needs specific medication/Acid reflux disease.. active more in lying down position &also causes dry cough.
-The tightness in chest in night could be due to accumulation of mucus while sleeping...due to any of above causes.
*In this scenario you need a detailed repeat chest examination/sputum routine examination or culture-srnsitivity test /confirming acid reflux presence &accompaning treatment along with other factors.
*On self care front-Drink lot of warm fluids,orange juice if you are not allergic to it,/inhalation of warm water vapor with eucalyptus drops in to sooth the mucus membrane/avoid exposure to fumes,smoke or bed dust./have small multiple servings of food,avoid spicy food ,avoid sleeping immediately after dinner / try to reduce if you are over weight .... all of these along with medicines advised by expert.
*You need to consult a chest specialist for exact disgnosis &specific medicinal advise.
I hope that answers your query.Any follow up query is welcome.
Start with home care.Meet doctor as per need.
Thank youfor the follow up query.
The tickle in your throat suggests irritation of throat... home care for it being hot saline gargle.
* All of your symptoms suggest starting of the upper respiratory tract symptoms with mostly viral/bactetial infection. As discussed earlier...our body resistance tries to fight back the infection &in a healthy person viral infection is self controlled in 8 days .In case bacterial infection invades...body resistance tries to fight the bacteria out....the yellow or green cough can be the sign of the fight... this can be waied for 4-5 days with home care.
* But the symptoms like fever,difficult swallowing,thick &uncontrolled nasal discharge, post nasal drip or phlegm ,pain in chest ,difficulty in breathing -weezing suggest weakness of body resistance & there is need of antibiotics.
** As you don't have any of the symptoms (narrated above) you can go on with home care...&help body resistance..Mostly it takes 8 or at the most ten days for self cure.
* You would need a doctor's consultation -
- In case you are not alright in 10 days.with home care &the symptoms continue or aggravate ....here doctor will sort out cause of continuous irritation &give specific treatment for relief ( allergy,acid reflux ,non combated infection,sinus involvement or any other nasal condition like deviated nasal septum)
-when the symptoms of prevalent infection as discussed in earlier passage...start showing..
I hope that clears your doubt.Any follow up query is welcome.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for dry cough
- Persistent dry cough treatment
- Dry cough chest tightness headache rapid heartbeat
- What treatment is suggested for cold and dry cough
- Suggest treatment for persistent dry cough with wheezing
- Suggest treatment for dry cough
- Cold and dry cough on antibiotics chest tightness pulled muscle
- Suggest treatment for sore throat and dry cough
- What is the treatment for dry cough
- Is zocefsafe for severe dry cough treatment