• question-icon

What causes high fever after taking Misoprostol?

Posted on Fri, 3 Jun 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: if i have a high fever after taking misoprostol tablet then what kind of medicine i have to take
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic, I share your concern and I will try to help you out in best possible way.
Misoprostol is not known to cause fever. Some of its common side effects are, Abdominal or stomach pain (mild)
diarrhea
Less common or rare side effects are,
Bleeding from vagina
constipation
cramps in lower abdomen or stomach area
gas
headache
heartburn, indigestion, or acid stomach
nausea and/or vomiting.
Hence fever in your case can be treated with tab. dolo 650 mg after food, twice daily for 3 days.
I hope this helps you.

Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Medical Consultant.
Ebix, Inc.
YYYY@YYYY
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar 15 hours later
after taking mifprenstone tablet today early morning 48hrs get completed now in moring i take misoprostol tablet but i didnt get periods now 6hrs is compeleted
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
welcome back.
Sorry for the delayed reply, as I was held up in hospital work.
After taking full regimen of mifepristone and misoprostol, abortion occurs any time between 6 hours to 5 days.
But in few patients there can be an incomplete abortion or excessive bleeding per vaginum and in that case you have to visit a gynaecologist.
In case bleeding continues for more than a week after completion of course of pills or there is severe pain not responsive to pain killers then it indicates incomplete abortion usually.
Hope I cleared your doubt

Warm Regards

Dr. Naveen XXXXXXX
Medical Consultant.
Ebix, Inc.
YYYY@YYYY
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar 18 minutes later
but i got periods after 7hrs taking misoprostol tablet but doesnt come as normal periods goes it come very little little what does it mean
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
welcome again.
It means that the process has set in and its ongoing. It might take another couple of days to completely evacuate uterus.

Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar 14 minutes later
when i go for washroom for urine that times blood comes with my urine
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again,
the blood you noticed during urination is mostly the blood from vagina, there are no side effects of misoprstol or mifepristone on kidneys or urinary bladder. It should not be a cause for concern as there will be spotting of blood from vagina for few more days as I said in y earlier reply.
Get back to me if you have any further queries.

Dr Naveen
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar 12 hours later
should i take antibiotics but only sac comes out little not more should i have to take antibiotics my adviser tell me and the antibiotics namely is alsera d and cefpoglen 200 my adviser is not professional on this i want ur suggestion should i take or not
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
welcome again.
I apologize for late reply.
The rationale of giving antibiotics is to avoid secondary infections and prevention of urinary tract infection, as there will be continuous spotting from vagina.
among those two tablets you have mentioned, only cefpoglen is an antibiotic and the other drug is a pain killer.
It is usually safe to take antibiotic for 3-5 days.

Warm regards
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar 54 minutes later
i got confuse with ur answer plz mention briefly or give answer should i take now or not because now periods are going usually as like now my normal periods plz sugest me asap and plz reply fast as u can
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
take the antibiotic

Detailed Answer:
welcome again.
Yes you have to take a course of antibiotic for 3-4 days.

regards
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar 20 hours later
how can i become sure that my medical abortion is going complete but swalling is continue
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
If the bleeding stops by 5-6 days after taking those tablets, it indicates that abortion is complete.
swelling has nothing to do with abortion, it can be better managed by elevating limbs and constant mobility or walking around rather than sleeping on bed.

Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar 33 minutes later
sir my head is going heavy so what is behind on this
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below.

Detailed Answer:
there could be two factors causing headache, first factor being too much of stress due to self administration of medicines without undergoing hospitalization and other being side effect of drugs.
Hence you can take tab dolo 650 twice daily for two days along with capsule pan d in the morning 30 mins before food.
regards
Follow up: Dr. Naveen Kumar 37 minutes later
and i think i have low bp now what medicine i take for headache and bp
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
find the answer below

Detailed Answer:
You can take the take the tablet i mentioned before for headache. And for Bp, it should be assessed clinically recording by a physician thrice before prescribing. So its difficult for me to suggest any drug co control bp without clinical evaluation.
I recommend youto visit a physician.

Dr. Naveen Kumar