What causes pain under the left rib cage which worsens during deep breathing?
Could be muscle strain
Hi I am DR Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
the pain under the left rib cage which worsens on stress ( deep breathing , while lying down) , in my opinion is most likely due to strain in abdominal muscles where they are attached to ribs.
This may commonly occur when there is deficiency of vitamin d3 with osteoporosis or traumatic strain in the muscles . To me this does not look like a heartburn.
I would advice S Vit D3 and bone Desnitometry ( Dexa scan) to help in diagnosis.
I would recommend Pain killers , Muscle Relaxants and S Vit D3+ Calcium.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Been about too hours and cannot take too deep of a breathe without sharp pain nor lie down without pain and discomfort.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes terrible cough and pain under my rib cage
- Duodenitis causing pain under left rib cage
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- What causes breathing problems and pain under my rib cage
- What causes sharp pain and swelling under my rib cage
- What causes pain under eft rib cage and eyelid spasms
- What causes headache and pain under my rib cage
- Pain under right rib cage causes
- Sharp pain under the breast in the rib cage cause
- What causes painful knots in armpit left rib cage
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?