What causes high TSH level?

Rheumatologist
Question
I have a WBC of 11.7, a MCH of 35, a MCHC of 36, Absolute EOS of .50 and a sedimentation rate of 42 with AST of 46 with the TSH of 12.099. What is going on? Thanks you
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that you have to send the whole report with normal reference ranges for interpretation as there is different reference range for every lab .

Still your TSH seems to be in higher range so there is a possibility that you can be having hypothyroidism. . ESR is raised but the exact reason is not known as it is very non specific may be due to some previous infection .

Dr. Shruti