What causes extreme fatigue, dizziness, headache, nausea, chills and tachycardia?

Question
My husband has had these symptoms for over a year: extreme fatigue, dizziness & slight headache. These symptoms have come and go all this time. he was sent to a neurologist and his meds checked. Since Oct. the symptoms have become worse and now he has nausea, chills and tachycardia. The tachycardia only happens when he is sleeping. He was fine last week but the symptoms have come back from yesterday....the worst ever.
His EKG and echocardiograms are normal. His Lyme disease test was normal. Blood tests were normal. Who do we see to get diagnosed. I think our GP is rapped out.
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
May need thyroid functions tested alongwith B12, folic acid and D3

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what your husband had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, he needs to be evaluated for thyroid functions tests as well as levels of B12, D3 and folic acid as any fluctuations can lead to the symptoms as you have discussed.

Getting CPk, LDH as well as ANA, ESR,and CRP may also be needed to rule out any muscular disease or any autoimmune or rheumatological disease.

Next best person to get consultation from is rheumatologist. Meanwhile supplements for calcium, Vitamin D3 and B complex should be started. If these causes turn out to be normal a holler monitoring may also be needed.

Wishing him a quick recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards

Follow-up: What causes extreme fatigue, dizziness, headache, nausea, chills and tachycardia? 1 hour later
His thyroid was tested and wasormal.

Sorry my typing was bad. He had his thyroid tested and it was normal. He also wore a holler monitor and that should tachycardia at night and he is seeing another cardiologist on Friday.
Right now he is under a blanket like a lump...really dizzy today.

I read your reply again and saw holler monitor...what is that I assumed on first reading that it was a holter monitor, my mistake.

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
It's good that holter monitoring and thyroid are normal, start supplements

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. Yes it's good that holter monitoring and thyroid functions are normal and as we had discussed already, it was anomg our suggested plan and to get a detailed neurological examination and ENT examination for both cerebellar functions and benign positional vertigo respectively should be done alongwith levels of calcium, D3, B12 and folic acid and meanwhile supplements can be started.

If these tests turn up to he normal, a rheumatologist review alongwith baseline workup for rheumatological or auto immune diseases like polymyalgia rheumatica or some myopathy should also be done. You can keep me updated regarding the course of management and diagnosis. Regards