What causes extreme fatigue, dizziness, headache, nausea, chills and tachycardia?
His EKG and echocardiograms are normal. His Lyme disease test was normal. Blood tests were normal. Who do we see to get diagnosed. I think our GP is rapped out.
May need thyroid functions tested alongwith B12, folic acid and D3
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what your husband had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, he needs to be evaluated for thyroid functions tests as well as levels of B12, D3 and folic acid as any fluctuations can lead to the symptoms as you have discussed.
Getting CPk, LDH as well as ANA, ESR,and CRP may also be needed to rule out any muscular disease or any autoimmune or rheumatological disease.
Next best person to get consultation from is rheumatologist. Meanwhile supplements for calcium, Vitamin D3 and B complex should be started. If these causes turn out to be normal a holler monitoring may also be needed.
Wishing him a quick recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Sorry my typing was bad. He had his thyroid tested and it was normal. He also wore a holler monitor and that should tachycardia at night and he is seeing another cardiologist on Friday.
Right now he is under a blanket like a lump...really dizzy today.
I read your reply again and saw holler monitor...what is that I assumed on first reading that it was a holter monitor, my mistake.
It's good that holter monitoring and thyroid are normal, start supplements
Hi! Thanks for the feedback. Yes it's good that holter monitoring and thyroid functions are normal and as we had discussed already, it was anomg our suggested plan and to get a detailed neurological examination and ENT examination for both cerebellar functions and benign positional vertigo respectively should be done alongwith levels of calcium, D3, B12 and folic acid and meanwhile supplements can be started.
If these tests turn up to he normal, a rheumatologist review alongwith baseline workup for rheumatological or auto immune diseases like polymyalgia rheumatica or some myopathy should also be done. You can keep me updated regarding the course of management and diagnosis. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Extreme fatigue from tricuspid regurgitation cause headaches
- Bumpy, extreme fatigue causes
- Tension headaches dizziness and extreme fatigue
- Sweaty, extreme fatigue causes
- Chills sweats headaches extreme fatigue
- Viruses that cause extreme fatigue
- What causes extreme fatigue with body chill
- What could cause constant extreme fatigue
- Causes of extreme fatigue nausea aches
- Night, extreme fatigue causes
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?