What causes headache, hand and feet numbness, cold, chills and chest pain?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: What is the symptoms of headache, numbness in the feet and hands, cold chills and pain in the left chest area often, but not Dailey in a 51 year old man
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Can be acute infections or autoimmune

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.

Based on the history you have shared, such symptoms can be due to any systemic infection but with chest pain and chills pneumonia needs to be ruled out but both chest X-ray and EKG should be performed to rule out cardiac causes. Echo cardiogram and blood cultures to rule infective endocarditis bat least. Other causes may be autoimmune like vasculitis but is less likely.

It's better to get yourself examined in detail by your primary physician and you may need to use antibiotics however meanwhile OTC analgesics like acetaminophen can help.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D