What causes fluttering feeling in chest?

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Having fluttering in chest near heart, been going on for several hours today only
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Following answer to your query...

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

You are experiencing a fluttering sensation in your chest and this may be caused from atrial fibrillation, or ischemic heart disease. Both ischemic heart disease and atrial fibrillation increase the risk for cardiovascular events (heart attack, stroke and death) and should be promptly evaluated.

This is why I strongly recommend to go immediately to ER to exclude life threatening events. If everything is gone be ok you should plan a ful cardiologic examination to definitely exclude any cardiac problems.

If you were my patient I would recommend to do the following eexaminations:
- Blood work (including cardiac enzymes)
- ECG
- Holter rhythm monitoring
- Chest x ray
- Cardiac echo
- Stress test

Hope this was of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist