question-icon

What causes fever despite taking Paracetamol?

Posted on Fri, 16 Sep 2016
Question: Hi Doctor, My mom got 5 days of fever and ESR as 55mm/hr. Fever raises after every 4 hrs of Paracetamol tablet in take.
What does this condition refer to
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (4 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Please upload the reports.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

I have gone through your query but the information is not adequate to arrive at a diagnosis. ESR is a non-specific marker of illness and can also be increased simply with increase in age. I would need to know the blood counts, especially the WBC count and its distribution. It would clarify if the infection is viral, the most likely cause.

I would request you to please share/upload the blood counts reports at the reports section and I would guide you accordingly.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha