• question-icon

What causes extreme fatigue along with pressure in the chest?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I have been experiencing tingling/numbness, extreme fatigue/lethargy for several months. I was placed on Vitamin D3 50,000 units q week and vitamin b 12 injection q month with daily b complex. Now my gums are swollen and bleeding, joints are aching and I am unable to take a deep breath due to tightness in my chest. What should I do?
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood work is absolutely necessary

Detailed Answer:

swollen and bleeding gums, painful joints and fatigue can be symptoms of either an autoimmune disease, blood disorder or lymph node disease. In order to determine more precisely the cause of your present condition I recommend you do a complete blood work with blood elements, urine test, PCR, liver enzymes, and ESR as a starting point. You will most probably need further tests and a scan, but you will need to see a doctor who will guide you through the diagnostic steps.
With the present symptoms, I do not think vitamins will make much of a difference.
Without test results I cannot speculate further, so please let me know about the results.

I hope this helps.
Wishing you good health and all the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ornela Ademovi 6 hours later
Thank you. I will try to convince my doctor to run more tests .
Brief Answer:
Glad to have been of help

Detailed Answer:
I am glad to have been of help. If your doctor needs convincing, you can always see another doctor.

Wishing you all the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Ornela Ademovi