What causes elevated SGOT and SGPT levels?
One more thing,
I probably would not have found out about this if I was not sick for some fever and body ache so I just did all the blood tests. I was suppose to quit drinking as I am not a drinker.
Thank you for contacting health care magic.com.
The liver function test abnormalities indeed could be from an infection. Most commonly a viral infection. Fever and body ache indicate that. You need to do a full liver function test ( LFT) few days later and if it is still high, need to do following tests.
1) Hepatitis serology ( which is normal in your case).
2) Anti SMA antibody, Anti LKM antibody.
3) Iron studies
4) Serum Ceruloplasmin.
5) Fasting blood sugar, Lipid profile
6) Ultrasound of liver.
In obese persons, fat deposition in liver is a common cause of liver enzyme elevation. No particular food restriction can be advised, but if you are obese and has fatty liver, it is better to start a low carbohydrate and low fat diet which may improve your situation.
Avoid excess oil
Moderate Spicy food is okay, but try to avoid excessive oily/fatty foods.
You could certainly wait a bit and recheck full liver function tests. Based on that, we can decide on the above mentioned tests.
You may exercise,no issues. Viral infection doesn't need antibiotics.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can increased sgot and sgpt levels cause acne
- Sgpt and sgot level that cause cirrhosis
- Cause of elevated sgot sgpt alkalyn
- What causes increase in sgpt and sgot levels
- High sgot sgpt levels what can be the cause
- What causes raise it sgpt and sgot levels
- What causes high sgot and sgpt levels during pregnancy
- Mild elevation of sgpt and sgot cause
- How much elevation of sgpt and sgot cause by simvastatin
- What causes increased sgot and sgpt
- What causes sore throat inspite of having a treated thyroid cancer?
- What does low troponin value indicate?
- What causes extreme body heat with no fever?
- What causes spike in blood sugar level?
- What causes tingling around the mouth and tremor on chin?
- What causes pink blood discharge?
- What causes shortness of breath,confusion and depression when on thyroid...
- Suggest treatment for dry and cracked penis skin
- What does "eGFR is 57,sodium 129 and chloride 90" indicate?
- What causes nausea inspite of having diabetes, acid reflux disease and...