What do my lab test reports indicate?
and I do not drink alcohol.
I was diagnosed with fatty liver with elevated AST and AST two years ago. I took Ursodox 300 for 3 months. My liver function became normal. Doctor suggested me to take Ursodox 150 for another 3 months. After 3 months I did LFT test again and found AST and ALT elevated again. Doctor increased the dose to 300mg again. I took it for 1 month and found ALT and AST normal. I did not take any medicine for some months. I sometimes felt mild pain in my liver area. Then, I tested LFT again and found increased AST and ALT. I approached a gastroenterologist(on 15/09/2015). There I did Endoscopy, Fibroscan, Hidrogen Breath test and LFT. Endoscopy showed gastric problem, Fibroscan and Hidrogen breath test were normal. LFT showed elevated ALT and AST.
He told me that my liver is normal and prescribed the following medicines :
1. Crixan OD 500, daily , 14 days
2. Orni 500, twice daily, 14 days
3. Esomac 40, morning, 60 days
4. Urdiogem 150, twice daily, 60 days.
After this, Gastric problem almost resolved. But AST and ALT still elevated.
Then Doctor prescribed the following medicines for 60 days :
1. Pantadac IT, morning
2. Adenomac 400, twice daily
3. Agopose, bed time
After the course, ALT and AST remained almost same. GGT also increased.
He told me that it is XXXXXXX and prescribed 1. Heptal 400 and 2. Veloz 20 for 90 days.
After 90 days, I did LFT again. A little improvement but not normal.
He again prescribed for 90 days :
1. Adenomac 400 twice daily
2. Sorbidiol 150 twice daliy.
After the course, I visted another hospital (Apollo Hospitals, Chennai).(on 01/11/2016)
There following tests were done :
5. Ultrasound of Abdomen.
6. Prothrombin time
Endoscopy showed Gastriyas and ultrasound showed grade one fatty liver. All other tests were normal.
They told me that it is a simple fatty liver and not a major problem.
They prescribed the following medicines for 4 months :
1. Raciper 40, twice daily
2. Lesuride OD 75, Once daily
3.Enzar forte, thrice daily
4. Mebiz - SR , morning
5. Libotryp, bed time
6. Maxum, morning
During the course, I feeled almost well. After 1 month of finishing the course, I again started feeling fatigue, somtime mild pain in my liver area.
I, this time tested for sugar. It if found in diabetic range . But it was normal 4 months ago. Till today I am controlling my blood sugar by diet and exercise.
I did the the following tests also on 10/07/17 :
LFT : elevated AST(69) and ALT(115),
Ultrasound of Abdomen : Showed fatty liver.
Hepatitis B and C virus test : negative result.
Uric acid and thyroid : both normal.
I visted another hepatogist (on 14/07/2017)and showed the test results. He told me that it is XXXXXXX and prescribed the following for 2 months :
1. Nusam 400 twice daily
2. Evion LC twice daily
After this course, my liver function test is complete normal.
But, taking advice of a doctor, I did the following tests on July/2017:
4. Autoimmune hepatitis panel
In these tests, ASMA is found weak positve (titre 1:20) and low ceruloplasmin (16.6). So I further tested for KF ring in eye and 24 hour urine copper, both comes negative.
. Dr prescribed the following medicines for two months :
1. Adenomac 400, Twice daily
2. Tocofil, twice daily
3. Budez Cr 3 mg, two tabs daily
Doctor wrote his impression as Chronic Hepatitis in the prescription .
Currently, I feel little discomfort in my liver area. And I also feel tired. Sometimes I feel pain like feeling in my arms and hand muscles.
I am totally confused with lots of questions in my minds :
1. Is this autoimmune hepatitis or XXXXXXX or both are present. ? or something else ?
2. Is there any more tests to confirm autoimmune hepatitis. ?
3. Am I taking the right medicines ?
4. Can only weak positve for ASMA mean autoimmune hepatitis ?
Please give your valuable suggestions. (Latest lab reports are uploaded)
Kindly upload all the documents
Thanks for posting your query.
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
Kindly upload all the reports related documents.
I will go through them and give my opinion.
I am currently taking :
1. Adenomac 400
3. Budez Cr 3mg
Should I continue ? Especially Budez Cr 3mg ?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Done tmt test what does the reports indicate
- Blood test done what does the report indicate
- Ovulation test done what does the report indicate
- Ecg test lab report
- What does this lab test report mean
- What does #39pus vulgaris#39 indicate in a lab report
- Liver test done what does a lab test report suggest
- What does my lab test report suggest
- What does the test report indicate
- Lab tests done what are the findings in the report
- Elevated SGPT, SGOT and triglycerides. Taken Heptral and Udiliv. Please...
- Tiredness, loss of concentration, blood test shows low hemoglobin...
- Bloated upper abdomen, burping, history of chronic pancreatitis. Have...
- Blood test shows typhi and paratyphi positive. What does it mean?
- Abdominal pain, itching. Clean blood test. History of breast cancer. Are...
- Abdominal pain, done blood test and ultrasound. Kindly interpret results
- Tailbone pain, bruise on stomach, sore lower abdomen. Anything to worry...
- Constant nausea, negative pregnancy test, have Mirena IUD. Ovarian cyst?
- Poked eye with umbrella spoke. Eye gets sore and red. What do you...
- Diagnosed with chlamydia. Is it contagious through oral sex?