• question-icon

What causes droopy eyelids after taking Botox injection?

Posted on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had botox injections for the first time a week ago I now had saggy eyelids pls help I'm having horrible anxiety now
Answered by Dr. Rudina Balliu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Botox side effect

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thank you for asking HealthcareMagic .
I have gone through your question and i understand your concern.

Saggy eyelids/droopy eyelids is a side effect of Botox injection and the good news is that, it will go away. It is not permanent.

This usually happens cause the muscle that raise the eyelids is effected by Botox and in a way is temporary unable to function ( raise the eyelid).

You need to go to the doctor that did the injection,he/she will examine you , explain you more and maybe do another injection ,give you some drops to speed up the recovery ..
You will feel better during the following weeks and it will go away completely by itself after 3 months ( when the effect of Botox disappear).
Meanwhile use cold compresses, Aloe Vera..

Hope you find these helpful.
Let me know if you have any further clarifications, i will be happy to help .
Take Care !
Dr Balliu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Rudina Balliu